Pistachios, when eaten with high-carbohydrate foods, may result in lower than expected blood sugar levels, an important factor in reducing risk of diabetes.
225g 10X sugar (powdered)
80g All-purpose flour
3g Baking powder
225g Pistachio flour, toasted
½ tsp. Salt
4 each Eggs, room temperature
3 Tbsp. Rum, white
50g Extra-virgin olive oil, fruity
1. Sift together the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the powdered sugar and the salt.
3. Alternately, add the eggs and the dry ingredients in three additions, adding one-third of the eggs and one-third of the dry ingredients and mixing, then repeating this process two more times.
4. Fold in the rum and olive oil.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch parchment-lined pan.
6. Bake at 325°F in a convection oven for about 30 minutes.
7. Cool in the pan.